Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Recovery Behind Schedule - Some Frustration

Went to Physical Therapy yesterday, but unfortunately had a 24 hour bug of some kind and it was mutually agreed upon that we'd wait until Friday to start the bike - Which will be about 5 weeks after surgery, when I thought it'd be 4. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood because I also felt a little burning sensation while doing some rehab exercises yesterday that eerily reminded me of the CS symptoms. I was told that this was due to intense muscle fatigue, but I'm still worried. They also began to massage the hell out of my legs - and wow! It was very close to being as painful as rolfing - a good pain, but still, excruciating... Hopefully it will start to get rid of some of the scar tissue and be able to increase my range of motion in the muscles - I'll keep you posted Friday on how the long awaited bike trial finally goes.....

In terms of every day activities though, there are absolutely no issues

No comments:

Post a Comment