Sunday, May 15, 2011

Encouraging Progress Continues....

Biked 5 miles yesterday and had absolutely no pain in the legs - Also, after identifying that I had almost completely lost all glute/hip activation while doing day-to-day activities, I have started to do certain strengthening exercises, such as X-band walking and the first two exercises detailed in this video, and my back pain has been gradually subsiding, which is awesome.
Tomorrow, I take on the elliptical for the first time in physical therapy, so I'll be sure to post how that goes!  Hopefully there will be no recurrence of compartment syndrome symptoms...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sam,
    Great to hear that your recovery is going so well! Thanks for all of the updates. Before surgery you mentioned that you had swelling in your legs while sitting down and without much activity. How is the swelling now? Also, when you work out do your muscles bulge?

    Thanks,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete