Thursday, July 28, 2011

Quick Updates on progress and recovery after compartment syndrome surgery

Hey all, the primary problem seems to be awesome. My shin/calf/entire lower legs feel great, and my back pain has completely subsided.  Only problem is, I still have this lingering left knee issue (possibly patellofemoral syndrome) that I have not been able to shake.  It has been making progress, and I hope to start running again within the next two weeks, to really be able to test out if the CS is completely gone.But besides for the left knee, my legs do feel great.

2 comments:

  1. Somehow missed your update, even though I was pretty awake yesterday while checking my GReader items.

    I just had my bilateral fasciotomy on Thursday, and it's really weird/interesting to read about the differences between our procedures. My doctor was extremely concerned about blood clots, to the point where he kept trying to convince me to do one left at a time. He also only did two incisions on each leg, both in the front.

    I'm only on my first full day of recovery (surgery on Thursday morning), but I feel pretty great! I'm able to walk around my house without crutches, although without the oxycodone, it's definitely a bit painful. I can't wait till next week, when I can remove all the ace bandages and just put a few pieces of gauze on the incisions.

    Hope you're doing well, and that your knee pain subsides quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please explain more about your knee issues. I have had compartment release in the past, with knee problems. My knee had gotten better, but just recently flared up again. My sports medicine doctor had mentioned Patellofemoral pain syndrome.
    Mine will give out occasionally, with no notice. Painful when doing down stairs, etc.

    ReplyDelete